sábado, 29 de marzo de 2008

Friday afternoon Break






Sometimes we just need to close the store and do something fun! On Friday afternoon at the end of the weekly grind we went out for some fun on the karts. Just locking the store door in the middle of the afternoon and flipping the sign over to ,Be Back @ 5pm, was powerful. Hey we had more important things to do at the moment. When we got to the track another family was just finishing up with thier races. A couple of young girls were not enjoying the ride and I think they would have preferred
to be next door in Liverpool shopping. We joked about the father saying that he must be thinking,"I wish I had a couple of sons"! Soon enough they finished and we were on. Matteo got a special size cart so he could reach the petals. As Luis, Mario and I scouted out the 8 big carts trying to determine which one would be the fastest. I let Mario and Luis choose first then I took my que from the owner,"Oye Azul"! With our brain buckets on our heads we rolled out onto the track. Wow! I thought this ones got some speed! Immediatley I was making laps around Mario,Luis and Matteo. Trying to avoid Matteo was difficult. He's stratagy for winning was to run everyone else off the track! " Matteo this isn't bumper cars", I yelled thru my Helment. The next time I came around the track I saw Matteo spun out in a cloud of dust with tires all over the track. He looked okay so I kept my foot down on the gas. Next I see Mario just sitting as if he ran out of gas or was giving up. Later he tells me his chain broke off. He got into another cart and things got going again. Luis had a problem with his kart as well. Check out the photo. Later Matteo wipes out again and at this point I'm thinking this is his M.O.. He looked a little upset so I stopped to give the fatherly encourgement. Again back out on the track we we're all humming along. When it came time to stop Matteo had a hard time coming into the pit. He must have taken 4 extra laps before flying into the pits. " Break! Break! Break!" We all yelled as Matteo nearly cut several other kids off at the knees who we're waiting to get into the karts. Yea that was fun and it was hard to drive the Fiat straight and slow after that. We ended up for lunch at Fernando's Urugrayan Grill. We felt like formula 1 drivers coming in for grilled meat and beers after a gruling 6 hour race. We felt like a team. I felt great about the future as I talked about the expansion plans for Counter Cultures. Looking at Mario and Luis both with smiles and joking with each other made it all worth it. I'm sure next time we will fight over the Faster blue kart. If your going out to the track the 2 black ones and the blue one are the fastest. Stay off the green. It's 50 pesos for 10 minutes. Vale la pena!

No hay comentarios: